Are mental health issues impacting your life, or the life of someone you love?
You’re invited to a seminar where you’ll discover a Christian perspective on mental health. Learn about how you, and your church, can best support someone going through tough times.
The seminar will cover:
- Understanding the continuum of mental health
- The prevalence of mental health disorders
- A Christian perspective on mental health
- Common mental health conditions
- Managing suicide risk and responding to mental health crises
- Understanding and engaging with the mental health system in Australia
- The role of the church in responding to mental health concerns
- Information for parents of teenagers and young adults
Meet Our Guest Speaker:
Keith Condie has degrees in psychology, theology and history, and has worked in child welfare and church ministry. He also served as Dean of Students and lecturer at Moore Theological College for nearly 20 years. He is married to Sarah and together they run the Mental Health and Pastoral Care Institute.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to help your friends and family, and to discover the difference knowing Jesus can make when it comes to mental health issues. Tickets are $15 pp, which includes morning tea.